Which states do not require work experience for cpa?

Katheryn Ferry asked a question: Which states do not require work experience for cpa?
Asked By: Katheryn Ferry
Date created: Fri, Feb 5, 2021 3:04 AM
Date updated: Mon, Oct 24, 2022 3:32 AM


Video answer: Cpa exam requirements versus cpa license requirements

Cpa exam requirements versus cpa license requirements

Top best answers to the question «Which states do not require work experience for cpa»

The only state that does not currently require 150 hours for the CPA license is the U.S. Virgin Islands jurisdiction. Currently, the U.S. Virgin Islands jurisdiction allows you to become a CPA with a bachelor's degree that includes at least 120 semester hours of education.

Video answer: The best accounting certifications employers care about

The best accounting certifications employers care about

9 other answers

The CPA exam is actually just one of the qualifications for state licensure in most states. 2. There is no work experience requirement to sit for the CPA exam, but nearly every state requires documented experience to issue a license. Therefore, you can pass the exam, but if you don't have experience, you cannot get licensed.

What are the states that don’t require the CPA verifier to be your boss? Montana, Washington, Arkansas* and Indiana* are some of the states that allow a CPA to verify your experience without being your supervisor.

Examples of states you could apply to when you don’t plan to work under a CPA include the jurisdictions of Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Virginia, as they recognize experience supervised by a non-CPA. So, as long as you work

Most states are one-tier, which means they do not offer a certificate but rather require you complete all requirements before they will recognize you as a CPA in any capacity. CPE requirements You must fulfill CPE requirements if you want to maintain your license to practice as a CPA.

Most states do not require you to be a U.S. citizen as a precondition for issuing a CPA license; however, several state boards do not grant licenses to non-U.S. citizens. This list includes Alabama, Hawaii, Louisiana, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

International candidates do not have unique work experience requirements. Many states require work experience to be directly supervised by an active CPA licensed by a U.S. jurisdiction. Some states may allow your work

States that don’t require a Social Security Number: Illinois, Montana, New York, South Dakota, Wisconsin States that only grant CPA licenses and certificates to local residents: Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, West Virginia, Rhode Island, and Wyoming (each state defines “residency” slightly different)

Not sure about your other suggestions unless you do a significant amount of work for the CPA in the other department. AL's work experience requirements state the work must be of “sufficient depth and knowledge” so look into that for NYS. AUD - 92 BEC - 89

Yes, most states in the US require work experience to issue the CPA license. The experience can be in public accounting or non-public accounting depending on the state requirements. You can check more on the state To know.

Your Answer

Video answer: Cpa exam information and overview

Cpa exam information and overview