What does it mean to be a traffic cop?
- Top best answers to the question «What does it mean to be a traffic cop»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What does it mean to be a traffic cop?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «What does it mean to be a traffic cop»
- A traffic cop is an officer that works within the traffic bureau of the police department. Traffic cops are responsible for the safety of all motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians on the roadways.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What does it mean to be a traffic cop?» often ask the following questions:
👉 What does cross traffic mean?
A. A safety system built into a vehicle that alerts the driver that a car or cyclist is about to cross in front. A cross traffic system may also stop the car. The term also refers to vehicles crossing from behind when backing up (see collision avoidance system).
👉 What does direct traffic mean?
- Direct traffic includes traffic from users who have entered a website URL directly into their browser search bar. Direct traffic also includes traffic from users who arrive on a site via their bookmarks or favourites.
👉 What does impeded traffic mean?
vehicles that are influenced by slower ones make them slower than their normal velocity
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «What does it mean to be a traffic cop?» so you can surely find the answer!
What does traffic control mean?
- • TRAFFIC CONTROL (noun) The noun TRAFFIC CONTROL has 1 sense: 1. control of the flow of traffic in a building or a city. Familiarity information: TRAFFIC CONTROL used as a noun is very rare.
What does traffic hub mean?
A transport hub (also transport interchange) is a place where passengers and cargo are exchanged between vehicles and/or between transport modes… Freight hubs include classification yards, airports, seaports and truck terminals, or combinations of these. For private transport by car, the parking lot functions as a hub.
What does traffic jam mean?
- Definition of traffic jam. : a situation in which a long line of vehicles on a road have stopped moving or are moving very slowly. stuck in a traffic jam.
What does traffic offense mean?
a violation of traffic regulations, such as breaking the speed limit.
What does traffic pattern mean?
- traffic pattern. n. (Aeronautics) a pattern of permitted lanes in the air around an airport to which an aircraft is restricted. The traffic flow that is prescribed for aircraft landing at, taxiing on, and taking off from an airport. The usual components of a traffic pattern are upwind leg, crosswind leg, downwind leg, base leg, and final approach.
What does traffic violation mean?
If you don't know this you shouldn't be driving!
What does a traffic summons mean?
- A traffic summons, sometimes called a speeding summons if speeding was at issue, identifies the alleged offense, but requires a court appearance to adjudicate the driver’s guilt and ascertain an appropriate penalty. Most of the time, only moving violations are eligible for traffic summons.
What does all major traffic mean?
Driving with a child while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license while intoxicated, driving recklessly while intoxicated and driving under the influence that resulted in manslaughter are all major traffic violations.
What does broken traffic light mean?
If the traffic light is not powered, you are to treat it as a all-way stop sign. I'm assuming that's what you mean by that. If the traffic light is broken, likely there will be utility workers out there working to fix it and you follow their instructions if any.
What does disobeyed traffic device mean?
- Obedience to traffic control devices is covered under Vehicle and Traffic Law 1110, which states that “ [e]very person shall obey the instructions of any official traffic-control device applicable to him.” More simply, the phrase ‘disobey a traffic control device’ means disobeying any sign, traffic light, or pavement marking on the road.
What does each traffic signal mean?
Traffic lights change their colors in the same order every time… Red light on: This tells drivers to stop. Green light on: This means the driver can start driving or keep driving. Yellow light on: This tells drivers to stop when it is safe to, because the light is about to turn red.
What does forfeiture criminal traffic mean?
- The seizure by law enforcement officers of an automobile used in the transportation of illegal narcotics is a criminal forfeiture. Property that is subject to criminal Forfeiture is taken from its owner without any compensation being made because of its use in illegal conduct.
What does new traffic pattern mean?
A NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN AHEAD (W23-2) sign may be used on the approach to an intersection or along a section of roadway to provide advance warning of a change in traffic patterns, such as revised lane usage, roadway geometry, or signal phasing.
What does no pedestrian traffic mean?
A No Pedestrians Sign is a prohibition message type of restriction sign that is designed for being displayed around areas where there is a need to stop or prevent pedestrians from being allowed entry or walking on a specific route and the sign conveys the message "No Pedestrians" which shows the meaning that ...
What does orange traffic cone mean?
Orange traffic cones tell everyone nearby that safety hazards are present. It's for this reason they're most often associated with construction sites or any project having to do with the use of heavy construction materials and equipment.
What does organic website traffic mean?
- Organic traffic is the opposite of paid traffic, which defines the visits generated by paid ads. Visitors who are considered organic find your website after using a search engine like Google or Bing, so they are not “referred” by any other website.
What does outbound traffic detected mean?
Some types of malware and PUPS (e.g., potentially unwanted programs like browser toolbars and adware) will try to collection data from your computer and "phone home" to upload the data to a remote server, and Norton will display an "Outbound Traffic Detected" alert if it detects any outbound activity on your computer ...
What does referral website traffic mean?
Referral traffic refers to visits to your site from links that appear on a different site… Link building involves generating backlinks to your site from other external, high-quality sites, as well as placing relevant outward links on your site. Referral traffic therefore has an important impact on page rank.
What does right traffic pattern mean?
Right-hand patterns may be used at airports, or on designated runways, because of populated areas or some kind of obstruction that makes left traffic undesirable or unsafe. A right-hand pattern has the same shape as a left-hand pattern, but as you fly the pattern you make right turns instead of left turns.
What does stream of traffic mean?
- 1 : a body of running water (such as a river or creek) flowing on the earth also : any body of flowing fluid (such as water or gas) 2 a : a steady succession (as of words or events) kept up an endless stream of chatter b : a constantly renewed or steady supply a stream of revenue c : a continuous moving procession a stream of traffic
What does traffic arraignment scheduled mean?
- When you get cited for a traffic violation, somewhere on the ticket there's usually an "arraignment" date. The arraignment date is basically the first court date.
What does traffic mean in advertising?
What is Paid Traffic? Paid traffic is any customer that visits your website after you have paid for advertising promotions. Many platforms offer paid traffic services including search engines, social media platforms, and media networks. One of the most common forms of paid traffic is Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising which utilizes Google Ads.
What does traffic mean in aviation?
Definition of 'air traffic'
1. the organized movement of aircraft within a given space. 2. the passengers, cargo, or mail carried by aircraft.